The aim of The Maypole Fund is to financially support feminist activism against militarism and war and closely related issues.
We are particularly interested to fund imaginative projects and activities which pro-actively challenge militarism and war and closely related issues from a feminist female-focussed perspective in locally relevant and appropriate ways.
Applicants can be individual feminists or feminist groups, and we welcome applications for projects and activities for any of the following areas of feminist activism:
- Action against militarism
- Action against war
- Action against the arms trade
- Action against nuclear weapons and weapons systems
- Action to support disarmament policies and processes
All projects and activities funded by The Maypole Fund have to meet our aims, be non-violent, and demonstrate how a feminist perspective informs the proposed project or activity.
We do not fund:
- On-going running costs by groups, including recurring salaries or office rental
- Undergraduate or graduate studies
- Economic development or poverty reduction, such as investment in machinery or materials, or investment in private businesses
- Participation in conferences, study visits, etc by individuals from the Global North
See a selection of projects we have previously funded that met our aims in a variety of ways.
Learn more about us, our grant conditions and application deadlines, before applying.